Hey guys! One of the many lessons you learn growing up, is that inspiring others is an invaluable resource throughout your entire life, whether that’s in a career or with your family and friends…. I, for one, find inspiring people really difficult, because it just isn’t part of my personality to motivate and inspire others. Studying a management degree and spending a year on placement in HR has taught me that inspiring others is essential in a team. It also taught me that inspiring others can be applied outside the workplace, and is extremely useful! So here are my top tips for learning how to inspire others:
- Visionary—providing a clear picture of the future and being able to communicate that to the team.
- Enhancing—creating positive one-on-one relationships along with team relationships by being a great listener and connecting emotionally with people.
- Driver—displaying a focused pursuit to make the numbers and complete things on time and generally being accountable for personal and group performance.
- Principled—providing a powerful role model of doing the right things in the right way.
- Enthusiast—exuding passion and energy about the organization, its goals and the work itself.
- Expert—providing a strong technical direction that comes from deep expertise.