Hey Guys! Overcast days, dark evenings, colder winds, and wetter weather, does this sound familiar? Well if you’re in the UK then it will sure ring a bell! Winter is pretty much upon us. Even saying the word makes me want to wrap up in faux fur, long boots and over-sized hats! For many of us winter is actually kind of hard to dress for, how to represent your style without shivering all day long is a tough trade-off, so here are my top style tips to stay warm without sacrificing your style this winter!
1. Layers are an extremely good idea. There aren’t many places where you will be consistently outside without ducking into coffee shops, cafes, shops, schools or workplaces. So layering up means you can be warm when you’re outside and won’t roast when you’re inside. I always like to bring a big bag so I can stuff it all inside when I’m in the warmer places. This season big bags and layers are all over the catwalks, so layering up is still a trend that is very much in season!
2. Boots are your best friend. From ankle boots, to cut out boots, to thigh high boots. You can never ever go wrong with a pair of boots. They’re versatile, they’re waterproof (mainly), they’re super cute, and you can wear the warmest ugliest socks you possibly own and no one will know any different. It’s magical.
3. Leather gloves. Infact, leather anything. It’s windproof, so if you’re warm when you put them on, then you stay warm for such a lovely long time. They also come in lots of different colours, so you’re bound to find one that suits your style!
4. High necks, long sleeves. This is my favourite trend this season! It looks so chic, and can be dressed up and down accordingly, so no more cold winter evenings when you’re shivering on the way to your dinner reservation or cocktail bar!
5. Thick socks. You have no idea how much of a difference warm feet actually has on the overall temperature of your body until you’ve jumped into a pair of cosy socks – although I have no science to support this! Cosy feet are a must in this frozen season!
So there you have it! My top 5 tips to stay warm this winter! I know for us fashionistas this time of year can be difficult to balance warmth and fashion, so let me know in the comments if you have any more ideas for me about how to stay warm in winter! I’d love to hear them!
As always, I love you guys, and I’ll see you next week!