Getting ready in the morning is a big enough stress, without waking up and realising that your hair has been on an adventure that you weren’t invited to! So besides from screaming and panicking, and then dragging a brush through those ratty ends, how do you tame those fly away locks to look fabulous every day?
Well here are my six secrets to taming fly away locks and keeping your hair in check, so those morning are a little less stressful!
1. Invest in a good pillow case! – Now this might seem a little bit weird, but has surprisingly wonderful benefits to health! Not only will it help keep moisture close to your skin for a youthful radiant complexion, but it also helps your hair from dragging across the pillow, knotting and it reduces the chance of frizz!
2. Like all good things, preparing in advance is always a must. So reduce the time it takes to get ready in the morning and fix your style the night before. Whether that is sleeping in a plait, or with a scarf around your hair after applying serum.
3. Treat your hair once a week. Your hair goes through as much as you do, from sticky wind swept streets to air-conditioned offices! The secret to great hair no matter what the weather or location, make sure you look after it! So once a week stick a mask on it overnight, whether it’s shop bought or made yourself from ingredients at home, both will keep your hair fresh and cared for!
4. Protect your hair! Heat is the number one enemy of your hair, whether that’s the sun, or your hair dryer and styling tongs. So keep your hair protected and use heat defence spray and a leave in conditioner in the morning to keep your hair hydrated and protected all day long.
5. Wash your hair! This might seem a bit obvious, but it’s surprising how many people don’t know how to wash their hair according to their hair type!
6. Dry your hair carefully! Blow-drying your hair can actually be more beneficial than air-drying – just make sure you’re drying it properly! Use a cool and medium air flow setting and hold the hair-dryer far enough away from your head to protect the water on your hair from boiling and drying your hair out. When towel drying hair, make sure you pat dry your hair, avoid wringing it as this can break your hair when it’s most fragile.
7. Avoid brushing wet hair. Wet hair is more fragile and stretches more easily, brushing hair in this state can cause it to snap and be damaged. Use a wide toothed comb when brushing wet hair and a natural bristled brush if you can whenever you brush your hair after it’s dry.
8. Healthy Diet = Healthy Hair. A good diet doesn’t just improve how you feel on the inside, it also helps your outside too! Foods that are high in Omega-3, Folic Acid, Vitamines B-6 and B-12 and protein are all great benefactors of healthy hair!
So there you have it! My top tips for healthy looking hair! If you have any of your own, then comment down below and promote healthy hair amongst our little community!