This is one of my favourite student recipes that I actually lived off of last year, it’s so simple and can be created in less than five minutes. It’s easy to mix it up and add more/ less ingredients depending on time, budget and who you’re cooking for! I ate this for breakfast, but if you add in some of the optional extras it’s easily upgraded to a lunch or dinner recipe.
The Basic Ingredients:
A handful of spinach,
Two boiled eggs (cooked so the yolk is still runny),
A half pack of smoked salmon,
Mushrooms, strips of chicken, sautéed potatoes, baked potato, swap smoked salmon for a fillet of salmon.
- Put the handful of freshly washed spinach on your plate, and slice up the mushrooms and mix together.
- Boil your eggs for around 3 minutes (make sure the yolk is still soft but the rest of the egg is cooked through), and leave to cool.
- Cut the salmon into strips and season them with salt and pepper.
- Butter your bread and cut into triangles and arrange on the side of the plate.
- Peel and slice your boiled eggs and toss them into the spinach.
- Lay the salmon across the top and squeeze lemon juice over the plate.
There you have it, a super quick and easy meal to kick start a day at Uni. This meal I ate almost every day and it still fit into my weekly budget of £15 for the whole weekly shop.