New Years Eve is tomorrow! Which I’m super excited about and I hope you are too! Let me know in the comments what your plans are for tomorrow!
I have invited everyone to mine to welcome in the New Year together, however, being the super disorganised person I am, I haven’t done any preparations for the 10ish people coming to my home tomorrow! I haven’t even THOUGHT about it. Tomorrow I have quite a busy day planned, which means I have to plan and prepare an entire New Years’ Eve party in just over 24 hours! So if your plans fell through and you’ve decided to host the party, or like me, you invited everyone to a party and haven’t done any preparation, then keep on reading. Here are my top tips for planning a party in 24 hours!
- Make a shopping list: With only 24 hours to go, the first thing you need to do is get down to the shops and buy the food/ drinks need, so make a shopping list of everything that you need to make your party a success, you may also want to save time (and your budget) by asking everyone to bring their own drinks and cash, and then order a take away on the night!
- Appeal to the eyes as well as the taste buds! A clean home is a happy home! And your guests will appreciate it too! So spend some time before the event tidying and cleaning so your guests have a comfortable environment to sit in
- Create the party playlist! My favourite company right now is Spotify, they have ready made playlists for every mood and occasion, whether that’s concentrating (I have their “Pure Mellow Jazz” Playlist on right now to help me concentrate on this blog post). If you’re running short on time, have a quick look through their ready-made playlists, or if you have a little more time, sure them as inspiration and create your own to suit you and your friend’s tastes! Right now I’m loving Fearne Cotton’s “Get Happy Playlist” from the BBC for a good back ground vibe to set the scene.
- Ask for help! If you are feeling the pressure, ask your guests to bring their own refreshments and have your laptop ready to order the food when they get here, that way you only need to clean and decorate, get yourself ready and make sure you have enough glasses/ plates etc.
- Don’t forget about yourself! A clean and lovely home is no good if the host is still in their PJ’s! Leave a couple of hours before the party starts to get yourself ready, do your hair and makeup, slip into that fancy outfit you (hopefully) chose a while ago, and have a glass of wine before the party begins!
- ENJOY IT. Just because you’re the host doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. So drink and be merry, enjoy your guests company and relax!
If I’ve missed any party trips and tricks that are on your list, don’t forget to write them in the comments below!